Tuesday 19 May 2015

Having a Zoo at Home

Having a pet is a marvelous experience for the people who love animals. Everything starts when you buy it. In my case, I had to convince my parents and assume all the responsibilities before. The first two weeks you are very excited because it is something unusual or you have been waiting for it a long time. Then the thrill start to decrease until:

1. You are fed up because you have to look after it more than you expected.
2. It becomes another normal thing in your life.

Turtles, chickens, hens, fish, silk worms, a dog, a rabbit ... these are some of the animals I have had at home.

I'm going to tell you some of my funny anecdotes.  From my turtles I cannot remember so much because I was a baby. However, my mum tells me that they were very big and they used to escape. One of them was eaten by my dog, the other rushed, and we didn't find the last one.

Boj, my dog was always happy and affectionate with us . We taught him to jump, and as he was very clever, he counted, and when he knew that there was nobody at home, he jumped over the fence.
He loved to eat, sometimes he went to the break of the school near my house and ate the snacks  the children gave to him. When it was too cold outside, we let them enter home. One day while we were sleeping, my dog went upstairs, entered the room of my grandparents and licked the hand of my grandmother. She started to shout at him and he went down quickly.

Another time, on my birthday, the sister of one of my friends came also. She liked the aquarium a lot and while we were playing upstairs, she fed them so much that no one survived. We have had lots of fish from all species, even sharks, snails and prawns of warm water. They  are very colourful, nice to see them... however, I find them a little bit boring.

Have you ever had chickens and hens at home? Not at the village, at the city house? Well, the witty idea came from my father. He asked us if we wanted to have some and we answered “yes, of course!”
We built a big wooden henhouse, then we placed it in the garden and... there we were with chickens! Who could imagine it! We obtained three fresh tasty eggs every day. The problem was that they sang very bad at every hour when they became "teen-chickens". So, my father decided to sacrifice them without telling us anything and gave the hens to a farmer. The following Christmas Eve we ate the roasted chicken without knowing it, when we finish dinner, daddy told us the truth and I felt very bad. Poor Kiriko cock!

Finally, I am going to tell you about my last pet: BambĂș. He is my toy rabbit, he is not going to grow more. He is 1 year old and he is very naughty. The best amusing thing was when he had just arrived, my friends came to see him. As he was very innocent and little, everybody wanted to have one until he crapped in the hand of one of my friends. 


I really love him, but since he bit my finger, I am more cautious. It is lovely when he is cleaning himself, when he is eating carrots...

I love animals! And you?

10 comments:

  1. I also love animals, therefore I didn´t have so many as you. Your house seems a farm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like animals, but, when i was little, we had two ducks in my village, and we used to take care of them. However, when summer ended, my grandfather told us that they had flown away. Some years later, he told us that we had eaten them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like animals too but I think that is impossible to have so many animals. One question do you not feel boring of having a lot of animals in your home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like animals too but I think that is impossible to have so many animals. One question do you not feel boring of having a lot of animals in your home?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like animals. however i would not like to have as much as you because you love them andl die so you will they will be sad when this took place. I would prefer to have only one pet to be more time with it

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't you feel exhausted sometimes? with all those animals running through the house?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like some animals but I prefer to see them than to have them. I think that they need a lot of attention and time, that is the reason why I would not be able of having so many animals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you crazy?! I love animals, my grandfather, my uncle and also my father have a farm near Soria. I love the dogs, lambs, hourses and the cows too but i hate chikens and hens. They are annoying all the time.
    Furthermore my dream has always been to have a python snake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you crazy?! I love animals, my grandfather, my uncle and also my father have a farm near Soria. I love the dogs, lambs, hourses and the cows too but i hate chikens and hens. They are annoying all the time.
    Furthermore my dream has always been to have a python snake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you crazy?! I love animals, my grandfather, my uncle and also my father have a farm near Soria. I love the dogs, lambs, hourses and the cows too but i hate chikens and hens. They are annoying all the time.
    Furthermore my dream has always been to have a python snake.

    ReplyDelete